Have MORE For LESS!
If you feel that the social promise of “go to school, study hard, get a good job, be happy” isn’t delivering for you – or your struggle with life hasn’t yielded what you need or want – then the notion of Have More For Less might strike a chord with you.
One of the few upsides of getting older is experience and the lessons it affords….and these are things that I’d like to share with you.
And the first thing we’re going to do is to understand more about less.
Less of what?
- Less interference in the way we live.
- Less consumption.
- Less clutter.
- Less stress.
- Less/no debt.
- Less involvement with governments and other corporate bandits.
In short, less of those things that detract from a happy and fulfilling life.
More of what?
- More freedom.
- More time.
- More choices.
- More control over your circumstances.
- More health.
- More meaningful and satisfying relationships.
In short, more of those things that make life enjoyable and satisfying!
Is this for you?
- Getting older and find that, as life should be getting easier, it’s actually becoming much harder.
- A parent of young children who is locked in a day-to-day struggle to make ends meet.
- Concerned about the looming gap between the world’s population and its capacity to feed itself in the face of pollution, aquifer depletion, desertification, erosion, climate change and the other serious environmental threats confronting us.
- A young adult wondering how you will ever achieve the ‘the great Australian (or other country) Dream’ of home ownership.
- On a treadmill, working for people who don’t respect you or your abilities.
- Marginalised, disadvantaged or disenfranchised…..or lacking any sense of control over your own life and its circumstances.
- Convinced that the world is facing an imminent survival threat.
- Tired of the growing horde of politicians, bureaucrats, banksters, insurance companies, utilities and corporate raiders who are roaming through your pockets with a sense of entitlement.
- Just someone who is seeking a more fulfilling life.
If you identify with any of these, then you will benefit from the ideas that we discuss and share here.
Have More For Less – The Core Premise
Having more with less is about simplifying your life in the interests of having a more satisfying one. Living with less (debt, stress, clutter) creates more time to focus on what really matters. The consequence of having less of the things that you don’t need or want is that you get to focus on all of the good things that life has to offer. You create a life with less debt, less stress, less stuff and better health, more space, money and time to do the things you’d really love to do. We promote self-reliance as the way to greater security, peace of mind and a more fulfilling life.
How To…Have More For Less
- Growing your own Food.
- Waste Transformation Farming – starting with your own personal waste.
- Building your own small structures.
- Designing and Making Things for Sale.
- Downsizing your house – and your mortgage.
- Getting around – a different approach to transport.
- Generating your own power.
- Conserving water.
- Trading – selling and bartering good and services.